What are your key selling points?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

What are your key selling points?

Post by Bigdog »

When talking to a new bar owner about work...what do you make sure to tell them as something to seal the deal?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

"I'm going to bring in at least fifty new paying customers to your bar when I'm there." Works every time.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

From my real experience from starting new jobs, especially in todays economy it could literally take one new customer a week. Meaning it could take a year to achieve that goal.

I have never seen an instant steady crowd. They may come for the first week or 2 just because it's a new bar but then things like drink prices or they already have a karaoke they are going to on that night, or they go where the rest of there friends hang out.

Building a good steady crowd takes time for the word to get around.

I would never guarantee 50 new instant people. Because the chances of that actually happening is pretty slim. The bar owner will be pissed when it doesn't happen. They already think one (first) night of karaoke means millions in profit. Then they want to keep your pay down.

If it happens (and it could) you'll look like a hero, if it doesn't (which is more likely) you just put yourself in a bad light.

Getting people to make a change in venue is a big deal. Nobody like change.