Which company has the most unique songs?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Which company has the most unique songs?

Post by Bigdog »

Wiseguy do you have this info? There are almost 40,000 unique karaoke songs.

Sound Choice has 6000 songs. How many are unique to them?

And Pioneer, Back Stage, DK and all the rest.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The 6000 songs on the GEM series is unique enough. No dupes.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Yeah...if those are the only discs you own.

Anyone with discs from more than one company (like 99% of the KJs around) will have dupes of every song except those unique to a certain manufacturer. (Sound Choice)

Of those 6000 songs I'm willing to bet that there aren't 500 unique to Sound Choice. Meaning all the rest are available on other discs from other companies. So why would someone spend thousands of dollars for 500 unique songs? I'm sure you could run a karaoke business without those 500 songs. That's my point.

Every company has some unique to them songs. I'm trying to get a count of those to see who has what.

I figured there wouldn't be dupes in those sets. But if you buy all of their discs you would have many of their dupes.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I have no intention of cross referencing all the karaoke disc brands to see who has the most unique song titles. You can be sure that all the most popular songs can be found on more than one disc brand.

I would be surprised if there are any Sound Choice song titles that cannot be found on other brands. Certainly none that you couldn't do without.

The GEM series is a sensible option only for those who do not already have a legal karaoke song collection. The nice things about this series, aside of the Sound Choice quality, is that you do not need to convert the song tracks (a big time saver) and the fact that they are provided in 320 kbps.