Just my opinion...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Just my opinion...

Post by Bigdog »

I think KJs that suck are causing more hurt to our industry than pirates. :shock:

I never took over another KJs job because they said they were pirates. Every single one was because they said they sucked.

People don't get up and leave 5 minutes before show time and say "Oh no pirates." They say "Oh no it's karaoke."

How did they come up with that feeling? KJs that suck gave it to them.

I'm not saying piracy is right but I think the industry as a whole should try to get rid of the bad KJs, KJs that want to do everything as cheap as possible. They are more likely to be the pirates. If they don't have money for equipment, they can't afford the music either.

Karaoke Alliance should be working on that problem...

Bad KJs ruining the reputations of good KJs hurts out industry more. If we all go out of business because of the 99% of bad KJs...we won't need karaoke music companies...

Protect and defend the good KJs....

This rant is not over yet...it's just on pause... :lol:

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Just got this message out of a new Sound Choice disc.

WARNING:

Copying this disc or any Sound Choice song to a hard drive for commercial use without proper permission or making multiple copies from a single disc or file constitues willful infringement which may incur statutory damages of not less than $750 per song.

First, I dispute the fact that they can give you permission to use the song anywhere but in your house.

Second, I dispute whether they have paid for the rights to give us permission to put their music on our hard drive.

Third, they don't own any music. They own their word sweeps and their musical renditions, but not the actual song. They had to pay money to use the songs for "X" amount of copies. That fee/permission doesn't last forever.

If I put any music on a hard drive it lasts forever. So I think the permission from whomever is authorized to give it wouldn't last forever.

Forth, I don't think they have the authority to tell us we can put any music on our hard drive for commercial use whether it's their karaoke version or not.

Fifth, they could be granting you permission to do something illegal. That doesn't make it right. I.E. Commercial Useage.

Again, I want to see it in writing where they have paid for each and every song in their library to be used in a format shift. They paid to make a karaoke version on a disc.

There are many gray areas and unanswered questions regarding Sound Choice and their authority to grant permission for anything. Let's see it all in writing PLEASE.

My point is, buying their music in MPG3 form will make it OK with them, but you could still be illegal with the copyright laws.