Oh my....

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Oh my....

Post by Bigdog »

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplif ... -24-songs/

She failed to maintain a 1-1. :shock:

Her crime is file sharing.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I wonder how they single these people out. Millions of people use these file sharing applications every single day. I think discrimination should be an issue here.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Somehow they were able to follow her internet movements or single her out. Maybe it's who she sent them to. Maybe it was a setup.

Maybe it was Yahoo or Google or My Space or Facebook. I don't trust any of them.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The article says she was using Kazaa which is just another file sharing application like BearShare, Frostwire, Limewire, etc.. Anyone can be traced while using these. It doesn't seem fair that they single people out.

It's like every car on the street is parked illegally but only yours gets a ticket. Wouldn't you consider that discrimination?
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I'm actually surprised that the P2P sites haven't started encrypting downloads.

That way, no one without the encryption key would know what's being downloaded.

Hey Presto!

The problem goes away.

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:I'm actually surprised that the P2P sites haven't started encrypting downloads.

That way, no one without the encryption key would know what's being downloaded.

Hey Presto!

The problem goes away.

Sandy
Or at the very least always go through an anonymous proxy server.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If I remember she did hunderds or thousands of songs. She was probably use to make an example.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If I remember what I have read about it, she deserves to get the full blunt of punishment because she kept thumbing her nose at the judgements. She could have been out of there for $5000 total but she messed with evidence and everything trying to get it thrown out. The Juries saw through her and each time came back with a higher verdict. And this was over 24 songs.
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Bigdog wrote:If I remember she did hunderds or thousands of songs. She was probably use to make an example.
24 that she was hosting and sharing were listed in the actual case. I've posted my opinion elsewhere also:

Well, she could have originally settled for $5000.

She chose to fight.

She was found guilty and fined $200,000.

The RIAA offered - AFTER THE JUDGEMENT - to settle for $25,000 and a statement of guilt. (12.5% of the award)

She appealed the judgement to a jury.

The jury of her peers discovered she'd tampered with evidence, perjured herself, and discovered even MORE evidence of her guilt. The jury of her peers determined she should pay damages of $1.9 million dollars.

The judge felt that was extreme and reduced it to $54,000 (2.8% of the award) and the guilty verdict.

After being given a break twice, and only having to pay pennies on the dollar for damages, Ms. Thomas-Rasset . . .

Appeals to another jury of her peers, who confirmed every single finding of the previous two trials. They apparently did feel that the $1.9 mil might have been too high though. They decided she only need pay $1.5 million.

I'm perfectly comfortable with throwing her under the bus at this point.

Royalties are a small part of my retirement income. Idiot bints like this steal from ME.
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I may be confusing her with the Napster case.

Anyway, she sounds pretty stupid now. Her hand was in the cookie jar and she's saying I didn't do it...with chocolate cookie crumbs all over her lips... :roll:

She would be a great politician. :lol: