dual screens

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
karaokeking1

dual screens

Post by karaokeking1 »

I have read a few posts on people asking about how to have two or more screens. On every post its always says you have to go from your TV out to a converter.

I on the other hand go fom the TV out, to a scart plug in the TV
which works fine for me without the expence of buying a converter.Just another choice, i allready had a scart but i suppose if you havent got one you will still have to spend something. thanks.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I think if you check some of the posts again, the convertor is used to transfer VGA out from your PC to a TV compatible signal.

If, like my laptop, there is no TV out, i.e. no direct means of connecting to a TV, then you'll need a convertor.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It actually could be 2 different topics.

Duel screens and multiple TVs. Which are totally different.

Duel screens happen in the video card.

Multiple TVs happens after the video out.

Multiple TVs can't happen without duel screen.
karaokeking1

Post by karaokeking1 »

point taken. thanks
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

More clarification.

Duel Screens is actually known as Extended Desktop. This is setup inside the computer video card. And does not require any type of wiring. Just changing a setting.

To feed multiple TVs you need to come from the computer in some manner. Be it RCA, S-video, external video card or VGA. How many TVs you want/need to feed will depend on what you need to do next.

Feeding one TV close to the computer will require nothing more than a connecting cable from the computer to the TV.

Connecting TVs at a distance or multiple TVs requires a signal amplifier.

To prevent ground loop noise will reqire a ground loop eliminator. Ground loops are a polarity (+ or -) issue between the TV and your equipment. Identifying a ground loop is easy. Probable becaise of a wiring issue where not all the recepticals/circuits are not wired properly. The noise will not be present until you connect the TV connection cable between the TV and your equipment with everything powered up. Connect cable and hear the noise...disconnect the cable and the noise stops. You can not predict if you will have a ground loop issue but you will know it when it happens.

There have been bars that I had ground loops and bars that were not an issue.