How many people want to rebuy their karaoke musical library?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

How many people want to rebuy their karaoke musical library?

Post by Bigdog »

I don't... :evil:

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Don't have to. Just go through the audit and Sound Choice will grant you the right to format shift your entire disc collection to hard drive.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Easier to tell Sound Choice to get stuffed and stop using them.

Once their profits hit the floor, they'll pretty damn quick change their tune (no pun intended).

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

DanG2006 wrote:Don't have to. Just go through the audit and Sound Choice will grant you the right to format shift your entire disc collection to hard drive.
And I guess this is all in writing from their lawyer...!!!???? :roll:

Trust me. The check's in the mail. You'll grow hair on the palm of your hand....or go blind... :o

Do they have a grace period or an amnisty program? How about a moritorium....No penalty or interest if you throw yourself and others under the bus before Thanksgiving...2 for the price of 1 deal....

They will give you permission to do a format shift??? :lol:

They are giving you permission to pirate a copy of a song they technically don't have the rights or permission to grant. All they did was pay the publisher and artist for the right to use their song for so many copies. Not to grant every Tom, Dick & Harry the rights to make more unpaid for copies.

Them telling you to format shift is legal? No you just created an illegal copy of a song they don't own the legal rights to.

I'm really impressed about it all now. No worries...

Their legal team must work for BP... :shock:

If you do what they suggest...you'll still need a good lawyer. And so will they.

Just because they say so doesn't make it right. :shock:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

That's like them telling you it's OK to rob that bank because I deposit my money there.

They can't tell you anything but one thing. You can buy our disc and play the music in your house. Don't copy it or format shift it because it's still illegal. Regardless of what they tell you.

They are under the same copyright laws that everyone else has to abide by.

They have permission to tell you JACK %$&# about nothing.

Take that to the bank...before you rob it. :lol:

If you have to go to court for format shifting or playing in public and tell the Judge they said I could do it...you'll go to jail with them.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If you rebuy the Sound Choice library then it should be good for doing 2 different shows per night...you'll have 2 sets....right????!!!

You technically still won't be legal in the copyright court of law but Sound Choice will be off your back.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well, am I right about tachnically having 2 sets of songs if you rebuy the download versions?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I wish. turns out this past January, when I had my laptops stolen by a soon to be ex roommate, that along with the laptops they took my discs and left me just my dj discs and my rental discs. So I am forced to rebuy discs that I already owned legally. Of course several of them are no longer in production (i.e. The Eagles disc). So I look forward to the GEM Series.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

DanG2006 wrote:I wish. turns out this past January, when I had my laptops stolen by a soon to be ex roommate, that along with the laptops they took my discs and left me just my dj discs and my rental discs. So I am forced to rebuy discs that I already owned legally. Of course several of them are no longer in production (i.e. The Eagles disc). So I look forward to the GEM Series.
Sorry to break your bubble again....but the Eagles disc was never legal to begin with. It was pulled from the stores because they never had permission to use the songs. I highly doubt it will be in the GEM series. Legally......

I said it before...Sound Choice has a problem with trying to make us legal...by saying people are using their songs without permission...they have done it before. Are they going to make you prove you used one of their illegal songs????
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Never said I expected to see it in the GEM series but I should get a lot back that I have lost. For Eagles I'll just get the two Zoom discs. For Garth I will get the radio Starz as they were better than any other manu's versions.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Looking real fast I did happen to see an Eagles song. :shock:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

There are several Eagles songs that are off of SC8125 which was pulled because of licensing issues in the GEM series.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

They probably had permission for some of the songs but not all of them.

I remember having a big list of artists that wouldn't give their permission for their songs to be sung by a bunch of drunks...

I wish I could find that list...it was a full page long...at that time, now things have changed...

I just bought a SC disc 8970 that was reissued without the song Memphis on it by Johnny Rivers.

See if Memphis is in the GEM series.