Junk Email

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Junk Email

Post by Bigdog »

I've been getting junk email relating to financial aid, refinancing and and other stupid stuff.

I keep blocking them and they keep coming back in a slightly different form. They have to be some kind of a paid junk email business. I get them everyday

Here is the problem. I get an email from EX.. Bob @ Dinglejumphigh dot com. I block that. Then I get one from Jeff @ Dinglejumphigh dot com. I block that...then one from Matt @ Dinglejumphigh dot com. You get the picture... they can do this forever by changing the front part of the address. :roll: :twisted:

How can I block the Dinglejumphigh dot com thing? Please tell me there is a way to do it.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Use a wildcard and block the entire domain with *@Dinglejumphigh.com so nothing with @Dinglejumphigh.com gets through
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm using Outlook Express in XP whenever I hit the block it doesn't give me an option to add anything.

Is there some place else to do it?
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Try downloading Mailwasher.

There's a free version and you can choose to block or bounce back any suspect emails BEFORE they get downloaded to your PC.

You can set up wildcard blocks and friends lists, as well.

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:I'm using Outlook Express in XP whenever I hit the block it doesn't give me an option to add anything.

Is there some place else to do it?
At the top of Outlook Express click on Tools and go down to Message Rules and click on Mail.

Click on the Blocked Senders tab.

Double click on the Bob @Dinglejumphigh.com (or whatever it is) and then highlight and delete everything before Dinglejumphigh.com so you are left with only Dinglejumphigh.com showing.

Click OK and from now on any email from Dinglejumphigh.com will go directly to the deleted folder.