VIRUS ALERT

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

VIRUS ALERT

Post by Bigdog »

I just got hit on another computer with the "Antivirus Soft" virus. It's a Trojan or something that looks like an antivirus software. It's not and don't click on any buttons. They will fix it for a fee. It's a rip off. Don't buy it.

This thing blocks access to everything. Nothing but warning box after warning box telling you, you can't do this and that because of a corrupt file. And with every box it names a different file as being corrupt. It's making it look like every file in the computer is corrupted.

I went to many sites for an answer on how to get rid of it. It's not easy. It turned off access to the internet too. It stops everything.

Most sites have you download Spyware Doctor to eliminate it. Now if you do that it finds the problem alright and if you want to "fix" the problem you need to pay for the Spyware Doctor's house call. The download is $29. It's been running but the problem is still there. I have to let it run a full scan again to see if it can actually find and eliminate the problem as they promise. So far it hasn't.

It even stopped access to SD.

Downloading and running in the Safe Mode didn't work either. Many blocking warning boxes pop up.

I'll keep you posted on whether SD is actually going to do what I paid for. SD has a gimmick going too. Pay me or die. :shock: :roll:

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I can't open my email in Outlook either. Warning....It's blocked.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There are freeware applications like Spybot - Search & Destroy that work just as well as Spyware Doctor.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

After numerous scans in the safe mode and about 6 downloads of my antivirus software and more scans....I think it's gone.

I'm still doing scans and will have to restart a few times to verify that it doesn't pop up again.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

The simplest method to get rid of crap like this is a system restore.

This usually sorts it out.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Antivirus Soft looks and acts very similar to Total PC Defender. Both are crap virus' that look like they are something good that your computer needs to clean up the infection they just put on your computer.

I had Total PC Defender a while ago and it wiped out all my restore points. So using systme restore is now useless. It goes through the motions of being restored only to say it couldn't be done. :cry:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I just got rid of another fake looking anti virus trojan called SECURITY TOOL. :twisted:

You have to do it in safe mode because it blocks every other function.

I have AVG and Spyware Doctor. How come these programs can't stop these virus' at the front door instead of the cellar door after they have ransacked the house. Instead they get turned off by the virus and are rendered useless.

If you manually delete all the bad files and folders then they can find and remove the remnants. Isn't that ba$$ackward? Am I missing something or shouldn't these antivirus programs be blocking them instead of becoming their first victims. :roll:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Malwarebytes has a very good reputation for stopping and/or removing these pain in th butt programs.

Well worth the money for a resident system but the removal system is free

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

My problems aren't over yet. I downloaded the malware stuff and I have been running 3 different virus programs steady to get rid of this thing.

I just found out that my sound has been deleted. :roll:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Google is your friend!

Antivirus Soft has many pages dedicated to it's removal

Simply Google for Antivirus Soft removal and the world is your mollusc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-r ... virus-soft

One above, for example.

If really hacked off (no pun intended), I've always found Smithfraudfix to be the best removal tool for this sort of thing.

But be warned, Smithfraudfix is absolutely brutal in operation.

It can even look like it has trashed your PC but be NOT alarmed, it doesn't. A reboot sorts everything out.

I've used it many times when all else failed or my patience ran out.

DO try the other methods first, however.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It changes it's name or there are a bunch of them all different and all coming in at once. I was attacked while running in the safe mode while trying to run antivirus to kill it.

They truned off Spyware Doctor, AVG and malwarebytes antivirus. :shock:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Microsoft site has a new feature called Fix It. I was able to run it to fix my sound problem. There were several major issues. It ran a diagnostic, found the problem and fixed the problem, showed me what it did and asked if the problem was fixed.

Why can't these spyware programs do this stuff automaticaly. And how come they aren't smart enough to keep themselves from getting turned off by the virus. They should have fixes that find these thing and fix the damage.

I'm not impressed with any of these programs.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:Why can't these spyware programs do this stuff automaticaly. And how come they aren't smart enough to keep themselves from getting turned off by the virus. They should have fixes that find these thing and fix the damage.

My, my!!!

So these programs that do a sterling job should not only be heuristic and learn as they go along but they should be able to forecast what some muppet is going to program in the future and stop it before it starts?

I'd pay money for that 8) :)

Any NEW virus/Malware program is designed to circumvent just that feature.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

mnementh wrote:
Bigdog wrote:Why can't these spyware programs do this stuff automaticaly. And how come they aren't smart enough to keep themselves from getting turned off by the virus. They should have fixes that find these thing and fix the damage.

My, my!!!

So these programs that do a sterling job should not only be heuristic and learn as they go along but they should be able to forecast what some muppet is going to program in the future and stop it before it starts?

I'd pay money for that 8) :)

Any NEW virus/Malware program is designed to circumvent just that feature.

Sandy
If they want to be in the ANTIVIRUS protection business then their product should be designed to protect itself from an attack. :idea: The first thing these viruses do is turn off the real antivirus program. :shock: :roll: Can't they lock their files to protect them? :idea: They are supposed to be on top of this stuff. Isn't that what they advertise? The virus disables the legit program faster than the speed of light. :roll: :lol: The program I pay for is rendered useless in the first split second of the attack.

Really don't you thnk they should hold it off a little longer than a nano second? :shock: My paid for antivirus program is laying there on it's back playing dead. :roll:

Regardless if the antivirus virus program is legal or bogus, the protection program I pay for should stop them all and ask me if I want to take action to delete them. I might be looking for a new legit antivirus program. I can't download and install a real antivirus program without jumping through hoops. But the fake ones load and work faster and better. :lol: :lol: :cry:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If the A$$HOLE hackers were into making legit antivirus programing they could put all the real ones out of business in a week. :shock: :lol: :roll: