Anyone on SingSnap?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Anyone on SingSnap?

Post by wiseguy »

Do any of you have recordings on www.singsnap.com ?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

No....

There are other sites that have similar deals. There were many upheavals when people posted hurtful comments. Many were deliberate. Many were truthful and the people really did suck. :shock:

It lead to many people being banned from the site and to much back and forth fighting.

Most people as you have probably seen if you ever hosted a karaoke contest ...feel they are they best and that's where the problems arise. Not many people can honestly evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. Or they just don't want to. (like my 2 finger typing and spelling...are my strenghts) :lol:

I also noticed there are no vocal effects adding to the amount of talent you really need to pull it off.

You can believe that anyone posting a song thinks it's the best. So anything but praise is going to be taken the wrong way.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I got a basic membership. What I don't understand is why they can get away with recording using Sound Choice tracks. Will Sound Choice now go after anyone who records on singsnap?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

That's one more thing that sounds screwy about their lawsuits. They can do down loads (FORMAT SHIFTING) with their songs but you can't. Unless you buy them again.

Maybe Singsnap bought their entire library...and justified their hard drive. :shock:

Anyone that's buying a membership to let people hear them sing thinks they will be discovered. That's what Singsnap is counting on. It's just like playing the slots hoping for a big hit. It is a big hit for Singsnap.

EGO...... so don't say anything bad about what you hear or you will be the bad guy. Even if it's honest critique. Don't pull a "Simon" on anyone. :lol:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:That's one more thing that sounds screwy about their lawsuits. They can do down loads (FORMAT SHIFTING) with their songs but you can't. Unless you buy them again.

Maybe Singsnap bought their entire library...and justified their hard drive. :shock:

Anyone that's buying a membership to let people hear them sing thinks they will be discovered. That's what Singsnap is counting on. It's just like playing the slots hoping for a big hit. It is a big hit for Singsnap.

EGO...... so don't say anything bad about what you hear or you will be the bad guy. Even if it's honest critique. Don't pull a "Simon" on anyone. :lol:
You obviously have not been to the SingSnap site at all. You couldn't buy a negative comment there. The comment and rating system are totally worthless as a measure of how good a person can sing. Everyone does a FANTASTIC JOB!!! on every song and everyone always gives the full five stars.

You should get a chuckle out of this. Listen to the guy sing and then look at the comments and perfect 5.00 rating. http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/c711ec96d This is the rule and not the exception.

98% of the people there are worse than any karaoke singer you have had at a show. Nobody is there with the hopes of being discovered. The reason most of them are a site like this is because they wouldn't have the guts to sing live in a public place.

Now the other 2% of the people actually have some talent and are worth listening to. And they're smart enough to know that this is no stepping stone to stardom.

As for Sound Choice. You can bet that they are getting their fair share from SingSnap. And no, they don't even come close to having the entire Sound Choice library.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It's free BUT you can't even look around unless you register....Screw them. :shock:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:It's free BUT you can't even look around unless you register....Screw them. :shock:
You have something against free?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It's free to get unwanted spam, emails and pop ups... :roll:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:It's free to get unwanted spam, emails and pop ups... :roll:
You mean to tell me that you don't have a "junk catcher" email address for this type of thing?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Yes and you mean to tell me that nothing gets through?

One junk pop up or email is one too many for me.

I think cookies should be illegal.

I would prefer to not do business with any site that demands you accept them.

Do you think I really care if they say they want to use it to keep my info to save me a few seconds in filling out a form?

It's an invasion of privacy as far as I'm concerned.

I would be all for a national protest to stop doing business with companies that DEMAND you accept their cookies.

UNNECESSARY INFO GATHERING ...FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

TRACKING MY MOVEMENTS?

SPENDING HABITS?

POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS?

IT'S INVASION OF PRIVACY FOR NO GOOD REASON
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Just 'cause you're paranoid, it don't mean they're not out to get you!!! :wink: :mrgreen: :redface:

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You can easily turn off cookies with your browser. I bet you won't have them disabled for long.

Cookies are a very necessary part of the internet.

There could be no online shopping carts without them. Let's see you buy some karaoke discs online with cookies disabled.

Cookies keep you logged into sites like this forum. How would you like to type in your login details every time you go to another page. Turn off your cookies and see.

These are just a couple of reasons cookies are there FOR A GOOD REASON.

By a "junk catcher" email address I'm referring to a gmail or hotmail account that you set up specifically for the purpose of signing up at opt in web sites. You give them this email address, use it to respond to validation message, and then forget about it until the next time you need it. Who cares how much spam goes there.

As for popups, the only time they could occur is while you're on the site. And SingSnap does not use popup advertising.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:Just 'cause you're paranoid, it don't mean they're not out to get you!!! :wink: :mrgreen: :redface:

Sandy
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

mnementh wrote:Just 'cause you're paranoid, it don't mean they're not out to get you!!! :wink: :mrgreen: :redface:

Sandy
They're out to get everyone. Be warned. Unless you are in the rich elite you're in peril. Can't you see them dividing the gap between the rich and the poor? There will be no middle class. They have no use for Billions of poor people sucking up their clean air, food and water.

What part of T-R-A-C-K-I-N-G cookies didn't you get? :roll:

Some shopping carts fill in without cookies some don't. They must not be needed that bad. They tell you it's needed so they can use the info. It's not for your benefit.

Who cares if it takes you a few seconds more to fill out an order. I'll take my privacy chances without tracking cookies. :wink:

They can track money now with the microstrips implanted in it. They can track your drivers license. Probably your vehicle too. And your email, phone calls, faxes, text messages, credit card purchases, banking, debt cards, medical records, & walking down the street.....way too much tracking. Big Brother has more eyes on you than you think. :cry: Why do we need to be watched that closely? What are we doing wrong that we need constantly tracked? You track your enemys, not your friends. :shock:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Wow... Oliver Stone must be your hero. :lol:

BTW... did you disable the cookies yet? Since you don't need them. I'm curious to see how well you get by without them.