Odd Behavior for just a regular singer.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Odd Behavior for just a regular singer.

Post by Bigdog »

New singer last night. He and his buddy told me about the bar they karaoke at. I think I may have even played there years ago.

Anyway when he signed up I already had 24 singers. That later went to 35.

They kept asking if this was a regular karaoke crowd too.

During his song he walked from the front door to the back door and every nook and granny in the entire bar. The bar area is at least 70 x 70. He covered a lot of territory. This side of the bar, that side of the bar. Back between the pool tables while people are shooting pool.

I've had singers looking for a sweet spot but this was over the top for a regular singer.

I have used this technique whenever I am doing a sound check of my system at a new gig. Just to see how it fills the room and sounds from every corner.

Was he testing the microphone range? Was he testing how it sounded all around the bar. Was he actually a KJ in disquise?

My spider sense says...I smell a rat. I don't think he was just showing off for the crowd. It was like he was on a mission. It's something I would never do singing my first song (or any song) in a new bar. I stand in one spot and sing like everyone else. You can look for a sweet spot while others are singing and then during your song sing from the spot.

I had some musicians in that follow me around. They commented about this being the best sounding system and room they have ever heard. They also commented on how I make it sound like singing with an actual band. The richness and fullness of the music and the vocals.

At the very least he heard what a real karaoke system should sound like. It's nice to be appreciated.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I found out the bar they go to has the bar owner doing the karaoke. I heard it's really bad from someone else that goes there.

Bar owners can't even run the bar right so I'm very sure the karaoke has to suck really bad.

I can save money I can run the bar and be the entertainment too.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Bigdog wrote:I found out the bar they go to has the bar owner doing the karaoke. I heard it's really bad from someone else that goes there.

Bar owners can't even run the bar right so I'm very sure the karaoke has to suck really bad.

I can save money I can run the bar and be the entertainment too.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The best part of this story is people still go there to sing even if it's really bad? WHY, WHY, WHY????

Give me one reasonable excuse why people faithfully go there but complain about how bad it.

Desperation to feed their karaoke addiction?

Close to home?

Cheap drinks?

They suck so it doesn't really matter?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:The best part of this story is people still go there to sing even if it's really bad? WHY, WHY, WHY????

Give me one reasonable excuse why people faithfully go there but complain about how bad it.

Close to home?

Cheap drinks?

Those who know they aren't any good don't care where they sing. They just want to get up in front of a crowd with a mic in their hand for the attention. Some others who think they are great are actually so bad that they can't tell the difference between karaoke systems.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:
Bigdog wrote:The best part of this story is people still go there to sing even if it's really bad? WHY, WHY, WHY????

Close to home?

Cheap drinks?

Those who know they aren't any good don't care where they sing. They just want to get up in front of a crowd with a mic in their hand for the attention. Some others who think they are great are actually so bad that they can't tell the difference between karaoke systems.
They know enough to complain about how bad it sounds. That's why it's puzzling to me. Does it really sound that bad that you have to comment on it? If so, WHY GO?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Maybe singing six times on a crap system is preferable to singing once or twice on a quality system. I have singers that won't come to my shows solely because they won't get to sing enough.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

My girlfriends girlfriend wanted to go to karaoke. I play 30 miles away on the night she wanted to go. So they went local.

She ran into a couple that comes to my shows. The karaoke sounded like crap and she asked them why they were there singing on crap. He said you just have to get used to it. :shock: She said no I don't. <You Go Girl> :lol: She refused to sing there.

Sums it up very nicely....you just have to get used to it. :roll:

That's how 10,000 crap KJs deal with their crap systems....they all can't be wrong... :lol: