Insulating....and embarrassing.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Insulating....and embarrassing.

Post by Bigdog »

Tonight I found a speaker grille laying where I set up.

What makes it unusual is its size. The pages of my song book are bigger. :shock:

It seems it fell off the Thursday night KJs junk. The reason I call it junk is its a living room speaker measuring about 8 x 11. That means it's a 6" woofer and a 1-2-inch tweeter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what they use for Name that Tune and I'm sure it is their karaoke junk too.

That makes them worth about $35 a night. They are insulting the bar owner and the patrons with crap like that. It shows how stupid bar owners and singers can be.

Don't even start to tell me about the quality of the sound. There can't be much bass. No room filling fulness. SERIOUSLY, I wouldn't use that crap in my garage. At best it would sound like a tin can.

You can't possibly be serious about being a professional KJ. Let alone ask somewhere near what I'm asking for a night.

An Ipod wouldn't sound good coming out of those. No wonder they can't draw a crowd.

The part that bothers me the most is they want to be considered a KJ like me.

NO SORRY, but you are nothing like me and you don't fall anywhere close to anyhting I do.

If the bar owner wants to pay you to show up with that junk, they deserve you. It makes me want to raise my price by another $200 a night.

If you can get near what I'm getting with your crap that makes me worth double or triple without batting an eyelash.

Seriously, I wouldn't take a system like that out of my house for any amount of money. Unless I was going to scrap it.

Next week you'll have to snap the grille back in...if you even miss it. :lol:

I had 40 singers tonight and it takes all my equipment to fill that room with that amount of bodies in it. Nobody could hear your system 5 feet away. I'm sure the other side of the bar could carry on whisper conversations all night long.

Stop please because you're embarrassing me. I'm embarrassed for you. :roll:

You are really taking advantage of the bar owners. 10 minutes to bring in the 1 load of equipment and to set it up. That's my kinda gig....not.

You give us all a bad name. :(

djBe

Post by djBe »

Yeah I hear you ....everybody with a laptop, a powered speaker or two and a couple of shit microphones is suddenly a KJ now. But I'm n a small market (Wilmington Pop. 100,000) where its easy to stand out and command more with quality: Effect lights, 4 speakers, 2 TVs, 6 mics, real amps and mixing board, etc...

These fake KJs aren't giving us a bad name, Big Dog, they're making us look good.
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

We may look good but they still get paid to work too.