Liar KJs

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Liar KJs

Post by Bigdog »

I had 2 different KJs visit my show a few nights ago.

One took over a smoking job I quit. He used to come to my shows and he decided to go into karaoke himself. I probably make it look too easy.

The other has been in business for years. His story was he works 4 nights a week and has 3 systems and people that travel 3-4 different states doing wedding and parties. Blah, blah yack. :roll:

Do I actually believe all that??? If you need to go into a story like that I'll believe it for about 3 seconds. Then it turns into BS for their ego. Because it's not affecting me. :lol:

I think they came in for lessons in successful KJing. :wink:

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I just remembered something else he told me...Like it's a good thing.

He uses 2 speakers... :shock: One on a stand and the other as a make believe sub speaker on the floor.

Lazy or just don't get it or just don't care.

He learned it from some other local yocals. :roll:

They do it it must be right. Screaming drunks don't care. :lol:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

A KJ friend called me at my job while he was doing his job. He told me about another KJ that was at his show. (This guy is a total jerk that can't keep a job. That's why he's there on a saturday night.) :shock:

The KJ said that after he got the microphone back from the jerk KJ it didn't work. After doing a quick investigation he found one of the wires attached to the inside the microphone was off. :shock:

We both suspect sabotage. :shock: :twisted:

Can't prove it. :x

What would you do????
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Update on the vandalism incident.

The guy kept the microphone hidden under the table in his lap during the event/s.

He didn't just rip a wire off the condenser on one, on another one he tightened the the twist on battery cover so tight it split.

Now the most despicable thing he did was to very loudly make fun of an autistic singer. :shock:

He was clapping and making noises like he was retarded. I told you he was a jerk. :twisted:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Did anyone take him outside and beat the crap out of him? That's exactly what would happen to him at any of my shows.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The victim KJ called me today and we discussed the matter.

He came close to a thrashing.

I told the KJ to lie if he has to and make the bar owner bar him. Tell him he will chase away business. And if it was me I would give the bar owner a choice of him or me. I'm not getting paid to have anyone ruin my equipment or my show/crowd.

The guy can't sing and he makes an a&& out himself all night long. I'm sure the bar won't miss him or his tab.

The mother of the autistic boy wants to kick his A$$. She didn't find out about his actions until they had left.

His actions are totally out of line and malicious on several counts. :evil: Destroying property and making fun of someone innocent with a handicap.

If it was in my power I would literally beat him until I couldn't lift my arms anymore. :wink:

The best part...he's a community servant. :roll:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm surely a PSYCHIC :shock:

I had a visit last night from the new KJ that's replacing the old KJ at one of my old jobs. He came in to let all my singers know where he will be working next week. :lol:

This is the guy that used the old "let me be your DJ on an off night" so I can work (WEASEL) my way into your karaoke night for less money.

It seems the old KJ was in a money dispute with the bar. He went in for X amount and when it came time for his increase to the real amount the bar didn't want to pay him so he left. Just so happens that Mister Undercutter was already in place to make the interception. Pretty slick.

I heard the (his) crowd was building pretty nicely too.

His MO hasn't changed since he did it to me 6 years ago. Gotta love a guy that can't do his own work and needs to constantly pray on the good ones. For less money.

It's the best news I could have heard last night because he kills every place he's been so my night will just get better. :lol: After he killed the crowd I build he quit. They called me back and then ruined all my work with BIKE NIGHT. Well we're coming back into bike season. We'll see how good he is now. :roll:
I'm not worth much because I can't really do anything myself so I'll just take whatever I can get, for less money. It's better than actually working.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

He also lied to me. I watched him ripping through the song book page after page. Then he comes up all buddy buddy and says he forgot his glasses. :roll: Do I have this song? He wanted to check out my system and karaoke computer.

That's OK he has to learn sometime. May as well be from someone that knows what they're doing. :lol: :lol:

Don't ya just love weasels? :wink:
djBe

Post by djBe »

If you have your eyes on the singers, you have your eyes on your microphones. The victim KJ is at least partly to blame for letting the mic wind up under the table where it could be screwed with.

Weasel guy probably figured microphone sabotage would ruin the victim KJs show because weasel guy is a two-mic operator so it would ruin HIS show. But good KJs always have plenty of mics in reserve.

As fas as undercutting goes, I welcome it...I'm a four-speaker, 1200watt, six-mic, two-TV guy working in the $150-200 range. How much lower can you really go? If a club wants to give up two speakers, a 26" Crowd TV, four mics, 800 watts and 10 years experience to save $25, then fine with me. };-D
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The undercutter used the same MO to take my job 4 years ago.

The bar lost at least $25-30,000 in that brilliant move. Hey..it saved them $25 a week on a KJ. :wink: You do the math... :lol: :lol:

The microphone vandal has tried to copy me exactly for years. He uses all my jokes and props. When I started using 3 microphones. He had to. When I put in my book they cost $600 each. All of a sudden his crappy ones became worth $600.

After he ripped the wire off the condenser the KJ snuck home and fixed it and he used it for his next song. He had a puzzled look on his face whenever he saw it back again. He must have thought it wouldn't work for his song. They kept an eagle eye on him after that. Now he is barred from singing there and the bar owner will probably bar him from the bar.

His karaoke web site has everything.... but a calender. :shock: You don't need one if you can't keep jobs. :roll:

It still amazes me that bar owners will still fall for a cheap KJ thinking somehow that will make them tons of money. Because they didn't pay a lot. :?

No but you sure get what you pay for. Little or nothing... :lol:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The good KJs in the stroy used to go to the bad KJs show. The good KJs became KJs because of the bad KJ being a jerk to them and others.

Now the good KJs have passed and probably put the bad KJ out of business.

There is a lesson here if the bad KJs want to learn it. :wink: