Please Help, Opinions Needed!

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
imechura

Please Help, Opinions Needed!

Post by imechura »

Hi all,

My name is Ian Mechura. I am a software developer in Dallas, Tx.

I am contemplating building a product that allows individuals to browse a KJs karaoke playlist from their iPhone, Android Phone, Black berry or other similar internet connected device.

The KJ, would be required to log onto a website one time and upload the playlist that he/she wishes them to see.

If I where to build this, would any KJs use it?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Ian Mechura
imechura@gmail.com

spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

It sounds pretty high-tech and cutting edge and I wish you much success. I personally have no interest
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

How many people at any given show will even have Iphones?

It's not like ever singer will.

I like the idea of an electronic book. I might just pass out Kindles.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Could be a good idea if there is a search function.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:How many people at any given show will even have Iphones?

It's not like ever singer will.

I like the idea of an electronic book. I might just pass out Kindles.
You better chain those Kindles to the tables. :)
imechura

Post by imechura »

How many people at any given show will even have Iphones?
I wish I knew the answer to this question. At the airline I work at it seams like 3 out of 5 people have a compatible device. Smart phone ownership appears to be on the rise. Also, any phone with an internet connection could use this service without paying a fee or installing any programs or apps.

Could be a good idea if there is a search function.
Noted. thanks for the input I will make sure this is available.
It sounds pretty high-tech and cutting edge and I wish you much success. I personally have no interest
Is there a feature that could be added that would make you interested in this service?

Here are a few features I am thinking of putting in..

1) A KJ home page. This allows a singer to see any information about you that you enter. for instance, if you do parties how to contact you. Also a button so they can follow you on twitter or become a facebook friend.

2) Print your books from the same webpage that the phone uses. This would allow you to choose your colors and styles to create a personlized book and you would only need to manage the list on a single place.

3) All of this I would be offered for free to singers and KJs.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Correct me if I'm wrong but if they have an Iphone to access apps wouldn't they have internet access and just be able to go to your web site?

I'm the kind of user that just wants my phone to make calls so I'm not up on all the features available.
spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

Yeah, I'm with bigdog. People who would be interested in what your talking about have internet access by phone and my website has our songlist, contact info, schedule, etc. on it.
Now if you could come up with a way to eliminate song books forever.... that's something I'd be interested in.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if they have an Iphone to access apps wouldn't they have internet access and just be able to go to your web site?

I'm the kind of user that just wants my phone to make calls so I'm not up on all the features available.
Totally agree.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with mobile phones.

I have to wonder what all these people that can't bear to be out of contact for 5 minutes at a stretch would have done 20 years ago, when these blights on Humanity didn't exist and people actually (gasp!) talked to each other.

If I buy a phone, that's ALL I expect it to do and all I'm interested in.

Ban 'em all, I say.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

spotlightjr wrote:Yeah, I'm with bigdog. People who would be interested in what your talking about have internet access by phone and my website has our songlist, contact info, schedule, etc. on it.
Now if you could come up with a way to eliminate song books forever.... that's something I'd be interested in.
I have already done that. First it was Fast Tracks' Songlist viewer. Then I went with Digital Search System, now I use Super Remote Tool from tricerasoft.com.
The first required Fast Tracks. The Second required Compuhost. The third requires nothing else if you want to use the standalone version. I am running Just Karaoke and it has the remote server built into it so that the requests end up going into the que.