Bar Owner's Concern...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I just found out the old KJ played a lot of rap music with the karaoke.
:evil: :roll:
I'll have my quality crowd building work cut out for me. :lol:

I also heard the new GM went around to all the bar regulars..singer or not and asked them who they wanted to see on saturdays...me or the other guy. They all said me.. :oops:

:heart: Those guys.... :D

Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Awwww ... don't you feel special?!?!?
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

As in ... bus rider?? :lol:
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Ya heard that pronunciation, did ya? :lol:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The old KJ was in last night to see who the new KJ is. :D

He didn't look too happy... :cry:

To say the old crowd is dead is an understatement. It's a mass grave under 20 feet of dirt. :shock:

I walked in to set up and the bartenders said welcome to Saturday night. 6 people in the bar. More working than paying.

This is how low they let the other KJ kill the crowd before they made a much needed change. Why do they always wait soooo long hoping for a miracle?

The bar manager is very optimistic about me being able to ressurect the dead. :bowto:

I was right about the new big jukebox. Thursday is now free jukebox night.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Personally, I would not go to a bar to listen to a jukebox. I can listen to music at home ... and don't have to hear songs I don't like. But then again, I've never been one to go to a bar unless there is some kind of entertainment.

Which do you think is easier ... resurrecting the dead or starting a show at a venue that has never had karaoke?
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

A fresh start is easier.

The bad KJ already killed the crowd of would be singers. They went to another show.

Fresh start they have no bad taste in their mouth. They come in the first time and see and hear nothing but wonderful. :wink:

I will have to work real hard to get a decent crowd going. I'm literally starting with nothing but a previous crap reputation. Maybe a handful of singers from the Friday crowd. Everyone else will be totally new to the night.

I expect it to take several months to be decent.