We Could Be In Big Trouble

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

We Could Be In Big Trouble

Post by Bigdog »

A newspaper article on todays Front page.

Smokers that bought cigarettes on line from Indian Reservations out of state are hit with property liens for the unpaid state tax, fees and interest going back to 2006. :shock:

This is the first step. 90% of the states are in big financial trouble.

Now think about how much you have spent on discs and equipment for karaoke from the out of state karaoke companies that didn't collect state tax for your state? :shock: :shock: :shock: It's the reason we buy from them.

What about all the non karaoke related items you bought??? :shock: :shock:

If they use IP addresses, or credit card info or other means to track and investigate each site for info...how much back sales tax do you owe????

I put nothing past the state governments to get back much needed money to operate.

:idea: Start putting some money away, just in case.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I just heard on the news that the state is 3 BILLION in the hole. :shock:

They are having an emergency budget meeting to see what else they can cut.

Internet cigarette sales tax, what's next? All internet sales tax. :billyclub:

How much is your state in the hole?

Before Obama is done all the taxes will be sky high.... We will have to charge sales tax for or professional services. :roll:
jr2423

Post by jr2423 »

This may be so. But I see it as Pandora's Box. First, state officials will have to clean their own house. I'm speaking of mismanagement and corruption; some of which has already surfaced here in AZ. It happens everywhere. These people don't want to get caught with their hand in the cookie jar, so they better make sure their affairs are beyond reproach. I know as soon as one team of officials start investigating such tax matters, there will be an opposing team investigating the original investigators. States’ budget shortfalls are not the result of uncharged sales tax. Some states don’t levy sales tax; so what are they to do? Desperate times call for desperate measures, and they seem to think this is one of those times where such measures are justified. I would hope elected and appointed officials would be smarter than to open such a can of worms.

I'm just saying that states can’t expect to go to such lengths without expecting repercussions.
JR & Michele LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
http://www.diehardkaraoke.com
jr@diehardkaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Just announced:

State income taxes are going up to make up the difference. :shock:

It won't take much for them to realize how much is being lost to internet sites that don't charge sales tax for the approriate states.

I just hope they don't make them retroactive.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Also going up is cigarette tax and smokeless tobacco tax and they are looking at more gambling/table gaming options.

Keep it coming..we can take it. :cigar:
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Ahhh this is really nothing new except it is now done on the internet.

I remember back in the 70's when I was stationed at Keesler AB in Mississippi we were told NOT to buy beer at the PX and take it to a great beach that was located in Alabama.

The Alabama state cops would sit and wait for out of state plates with military stickers on the cars and stop them to see if they had any beer that had been bought in Mississippi and if they did they would confiscate the beer and take you to jail for having beer that did not have the Alabama state beer sticker on it. Same goes for "Smokes."

If every state really pushed it you could not buy gas in one state and drive in another because you did not pay the state fuel tax, and the same goes for just about everything else you buy that has a state tax.

They can yell all they want but with internet buying until they pass a federal law saying every seller must collect the tax for a certain state it's not going to happen. OH YEA as to collecting IP's there are lots of ways around that where the IP you are using is not your IP so the only way they could really do it is to go to a seller and get sales records and shipping address, yea right.

Lone Wolf
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

A booze trap instead of a speed trap? :roll: