Worst Karaoke Night in My History.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Worst Karaoke Night in My History.

Post by Bigdog »

Last night the bars were full of Hockey nuts. The crowd was still pretty good after the game.

Tonight was my first saturday night at this job. There were more bar workers than paying customers. :shock:

I sang 1 1/2 hours. At 11;15 there were no people in the bar. NONE ... :shock: I packed up early. I didn't even ask the GM about it I just started packing. I've had bad nights because of local events, like carnivals or fire works....where I packed up early and took a cut in pay.....but never this dead. I'll call the other manager tomorrow and discuss my pay cut. :cry:

Everyone spent all their money doing the Stanley Cup :cheers: binge or they bought hockey shirts and hats and had no money left to go out tonight. Or they are in bed early cathing up on :sleep:

I can't tell you how many people last night...singers and non singers, were over-joyed :heart: at me taking over the saturday job. NOT ONE OF THEM SHOWED TONIGHT. :evil: :twisted: :mad: :guns: :boxer:

Ohhh...one did show and she left without singing one song. :shock: She was there before I got there. Tonight was a singers dream night and not one singer to take advantage of it...Very strange.

There were actually 2 new girls in tonight and they sang really well. Got there at 10:15 & left at 11 oclock. Work next door. So maybe they will become regulars.

Seriously, I at least expected 5 people to show up from friday.... :lol: is that too much to ask for? :roll: :evil:

Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Yep I hate local events. Lost a job because of the local Fiesta weeks.
They went on for 3 weeks and the bar that I was at laid me off during those weeks because of low turnouts. I had only been there 3 weeks prior to the "Events" and things had gone well, but when Fiesta started it all came to an end and I haven't been back.

As to your regulars did they know you were going to do the Saturday shows now?
Maybe Saturday is just a dead day for that bar and that's why the previous KJ bombed.
Hopefully things will pick up after Hockey & Basketball playoff are over.

Just who watches hockey anyway as far as I'm concerned it's just a brawl on ice.

Lone Wolf
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I had more people come in and turn around than stayed.

Saturday night at 11 PM there should have been more people there acidentally without anything going on. :lol:

I called the manager today and told him I will only take half my fee. He said "I knew you would work with me."

A little respect and co-operation is what he wants. That makes me a hero in his eyes. :cigar:
spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

Ok Bigdog, I'll vent a little too. My last Tuesday night gig at Applebees was by far the worst night in my short karaoke life. The venue is located very close to a local college and a couple of the local bars had "all you can drink" specials which killed my night.
The night started better than I'm letting on but ended with the venue...... COMPLETELY EMPTY!!! at five past midnight I was singing to the bartender and manager. It was very, very disturbing. I've never experienced anything quite like it and hope to never again. I was actually broke down and out the door at 12:45 and usually dont quit until 1pm.
Lets hope it was an isolated incident. I dont think I can handle another one of these nightmares!
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I am so sorry to hear about your night!! You would think some of your Friday regulars would have shown up. I can't imagine leaving a friend hanging like that.

Maybe that's the difference between my way of thinking and, it seems, a lot of others. My karaoke friends are really friends. Granted, we don't usually get together outside of karaoke, but we all care about each other.

If my KJ were to go somewhere else, you'd better believe I would be there to support him!

Perhaps the economy has something to do with it. I imagine we are all going to start seeing some really slow nights and if we want to keep the job, we need to be willing to give the owners a break.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I know it had nothing to do with me... :roll: :oops:

Do you take it personally whenever it's dead? Or abnormally slow?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

About the sporting event.. :roll:

That's a perfect example of how they actually are not very good for most bars. And we are talking about the day after the event. Look at the ramifications. Any money they made the night of the event was lost double the following night. So it had a big negative effect on the profits.

Did I ever tell you I hate sports because of how they ruin the karaoke nights. :billyclub: :guns: :boxer: Even the emoticons are sports related... :roll: :mad: :yikes:

I can't win...or get away from them. :lol: