New Members...????

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

New Members...????

Post by Bigdog »

Why do I keep seeing new member names and never see any posts from any?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I have no idea why people join the forum and then never post. They take the time to register, wait for me to approve their membership, then come back here to activate their account.

There are 1440 registered members and only a handful make regular posts. Of course the majority of people who come here are just looking for some information but they don't need to register to do that.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Gosh . . . beats the heck out of me . . . I never join where I don't intend to post.

I usually lurk as a guest for a few weeks before signing up to see if I think I'll fit in. Then I'll usually lurk for another few weeks before making a post, to make sure I understand the unwritten "community rules."

It was a highly unusual thing for me to be comfortable posting as soon as I did after joining here. Normally I'd still be lurking. Y'all have a nice comfy vibe though.
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I generally lurk a while as well.

I have noticed quite a few new members lately as well. Wiseguy - do you ever purge your membership of inactive folks?

If I haven't told you before, Moonrider, welcome to the forum. Some of us are very opinionated ... but I think we're all nice folks.
Sabrina the Cat
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Sabrina59 wrote: If I haven't told you before, Moonrider, welcome to the forum. Some of us are very opinionated ... but I think we're all nice folks.
Thanks Sabrina! :D

I'm pretty opinionated on some things myself (does best to look angelic).

While I'm fairly new to karaoke hosting, I've been a semi-pro performer and entertainer for 35 years. You can follow my website link down at the bottom of my posts to hear some of my more recent work.
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm pretty laid back...not very opinionated like some.. :mrgreen:
KnoxvilleKaraoke

Post by KnoxvilleKaraoke »

I am fairly new. I have posted a few things. I generally try to read for information and reply if I think I can add something to the conversation. If not I keep my mouth shut and watch the Bigdog run. :D
"If we were good we would be in Nashville."
"Let's Have some fun!"
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:oops: :lol:

It's my Karaoke PHD showing.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Bigdog wrote:I'm pretty laid back...not very opinionated like some.. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh ... that's a good one!!
Sabrina the Cat
soundtech

Post by soundtech »

some of us are afriad to say anything because in bigdogs eyes he is the best :D :D :D
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

soundtech wrote:some of us are afriad to say anything because in bigdogs eyes he is the best :D :D :D
Awww ... don't let the BD keep you from posting. He barks alot but he doesn't bite. :wink:
Sabrina the Cat
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

soundtech wrote:some of us are afriad to say anything because in bigdogs eyes he is the best :D :D :D
:iagree: Those who think they are the best are really annoying to us who truly are. :)
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

wiseguy wrote:
:iagree: Those who think they are the best are really annoying to us who truly are. :)
Gawd I love this forum!!! :lol:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:oops: Thanks.... 8) :lol:

There are different levels of KJ-dom.

There just aren't too many at my level..... :D

Compared to everything I have seen around my area, on other forums and here.

I actually wish it wasn't so.... because then we could all be making more money per show. :shock:

A Great white shark is at the top of his food chain. So we should hate him for that accomplishment?

I can help everyone get there... :shock: but nobody wants to listen or spend that much or doesn't care. I'm not going to be ashamed of myself for being at the top of my food chain. I have helped one couple do it in 1 year. (6 months training and six months working by themselves.) I even got them jobs. Still do. They were not afraid to do everything that is required with their time and money.

I can prove this by exactly how all of my competition acts. They will freely acknowledge my #1 postition. They, in their mind think they are right behind me. I never wanted to be right behind anybody. My goal was to be the best KJ in the area not number 20.

Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals. He didn't want to win only one. He told everyone he was going to win 8. He did everything..EVERYTHING.. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G ...to get that goal finished. He didn't stop at 7 or skip required steps. He did exactly what he needed to do. As have I. Do you want to run along with the BIGDOG or sit with the porch puppies? It requires time and money. No get there/rich quick scheme.

My secret is the commitment to do both without shortcuts. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful... :D

I am not determining your/anyones position...you are. That is not my fault.

Commitment...time ...money....fixes everything. :wink:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It would be different if I couldn't back up everything I say and do.

I do not speak from someplace I am not.

Been there and done it... 8) My competition can't understand how I do it consistantly year after year. I know exactly why they can't. They will never know. :lol:

I want to be Neil Armstong. Wishing ....I could sit here and wish the rest of my life. If I really wanted to be him I would have to do many hard things. Many expensive things. Many time consuming things. Many dedicated things. Many years worth. Wishing isn't one of them. It's not even on the list.

I can not tell you how to walk on the moon because I have never done it. :wink: