Do not buy CAVS

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
oneofakind

Do not buy CAVS

Post by oneofakind »

A year ago I started in the Karaoke thing and the salesperson that sold me my karaoke media sold me the CAVS 203 g usb Player. I did not know any thing about this company and had to learn the hard way.

I used the player the first 2 months I did my shows but went to the PCDJKJ setup and ripped all my CDG to a hard drive keeping all the original CDGs . We had an ice storm here in Illinois and a tree brok the main powerline that came into my house. This caused a major power surge taking my CAVS player with it.

I then took the unit to a local repair shop and they found a small part blown off one of the boards but told me that they could not fix it unless they had a sec. diagram to the unit so they could tell them where the part went. I called CAVS and asked them to furnish me a copy and they refused , saying it was not there company's policy , and with the unit being out of warrenty I would have to send it back to them me paying for shipping both ways and paying for the repair and shipping overseas to where the unit is originally manufactured.This process would take up to 6 months and cost as much as a new player would.

I don't feel this is the way any company should treat people that buy its products. Especially if some poor sucker out there buys on of there 199 karaoke on demand high dollar units. I am lucky I went with computer and dont have to rely on CAVS products. I want to ask every one out there to avoid and boycott buying any CAVS products for this reason that they do not stand behind what they sell or at least provide a timely solution to take care of you! One Of A Kind

cowboydarryl

Post by cowboydarryl »

No need to worry most of us already kmow CAV's players are junk even without getting hit by a voltage spike!! Its a throwaway player
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads