What is the best "company" for Karaoke Music on CD

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
aMobileDJ

What is the best "company" for Karaoke Music on CD

Post by aMobileDJ »

Hi, I was just wandering what the best, most realistic, company was for kareoke music. I need the most realistic sounding songs that almost exactly compare to the original musicians. Thanks!

(I am working with some Sweet Georgia Brown CDs Now, which are good!)

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

OUch, Sweet Georgia Brown has the most duds in them. Their version of Journey's "Remember Me" is nowhere close to the original artist's version. Sound Choice is the usual standard in the USA. Zoom is about the next best quality of CDG manufacturers.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I have to agree with the Sweet Georgia Brown comment as they are one of my least favorite brands. Sound Choice is probably the most consistent at producing "near perfect" reproductions of original songs tracks. I think Chartbuster does a good job with country music.

The fact is that no single manufacturer makes the most realistic reproduction of every available song. Sometimes you may find a song track on some very cheap disc that you like better than the Sound Choice version.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have many duplicate songs from different manufacturers. I listen to many of them side by side with the original artist. I list the version that comes closest to the way it was on the radio.

If you can sample the songs before you buy them as most sites allow, it will help you.

But many times Sound Choice has had the wrong words. Which is just as bad as the music sounding bad. I have been surprised by the off brand versions that came the closest to the original.

Nobody gets them all correct.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Bigdog wrote:I have many duplicate songs from different manufacturers. I listen to many of them side by side with the original artist. I list the version that comes closest to the way it was on the radio.

If you can sample the songs before you buy them as most sites allow, it will help you.

But many times Sound Choice has had the wrong words. Which is just as bad as the music sounding bad. I have been surprised by the off brand versions that came the closest to the original.

Nobody gets them all correct.
Total agrreement that Sound Choice has a lot of errors in some their songs lyric wise. Journey's "Faithfully" comes to mind. The first version has "you Still got me" in the first chorus and ends with "Lost tonight". Future versions got the ending right but still had the "Still Got Me" in the first verse. Only Priddis, Amerising and Radio Stars got it right.
misterTRD

Post by misterTRD »

I think Radio Starz and Sound Choice have the best sounds.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

misterTRD wrote:I think Radio Starz and Sound Choice have the best sounds.
Key words are best sounds. Sound Choice accually have tempo issues with some of what are suppose to be slower older music. "Your Cheating Heart"'s tempo is much too fast as an example.
LarryKaraoke

Post by LarryKaraoke »

That's really a hard question to answer. They all have good and bad versions. But as a general rule, Sweet Georgia Brown was more consistent with quality. Now, I understand Pop Hits Monthly is the one to get. I haven't bought discs in a cpl years. I use a CAVS and the club owners do the up dates. Majority on them are by, SGB, PHM and SunFly.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

LarryKaraoke wrote:That's really a hard question to answer. They all have good and bad versions. But as a general rule, "Sweet Georgia Brown" was more consistent with quality. Now, I understand Pop Hits Monthly is the one to get. I haven't bought discs in a cpl years. I use a CAVS and the club owners do the up dates. Majority on them are by, SGB, PHM and SunFly.
You have to be joking. Some are decent at best while most missed the mark completely. I wish someother company had done "Remember Me" by Journey cause it is so off it's funny.
LarryKaraoke

Post by LarryKaraoke »

DanG2006 wrote:
LarryKaraoke wrote:That's really a hard question to answer. They all have good and bad versions. But as a general rule, "Sweet Georgia Brown" was more consistent with quality. Now, I understand Pop Hits Monthly is the one to get. I haven't bought discs in a cpl years. I use a CAVS and the club owners do the up dates. Majority on them are by, SGB, PHM and SunFly.
You have to be joking. Some are decent at best while most missed the mark completely. I wish someother company had done "Remember Me" by Journey cause it is so off it's funny.
As a Studio Tech and Pro Vocalist of 35 years, I think almost ALL of the Karaoke miss the mark. But if you were to stick to only ONE set, SGB had the most usable versions with the least mistakes in words and closest to the radio versions, not necessarily sound quality. But, it also has, till recently, had the most songs. ( that were legal versions in Canada) I have not bought disc in a cpl years, so not sure now as I use a Preloaded CAVS.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Sound choice by far is the best out there except for the few songs where the tempo or the words were off. You want authentic Country get the CHartbusters versions.
LarryKaraoke

Post by LarryKaraoke »

ChartBusters for sure for country. I prefer Sound Choice and a cpl of smaller companies for SOUND quality, but they had more mistakes for words and radio versions. Most singers seem to care about the words more than sound, so I went with SGB. But I understand SGB has been bought out, so may be a moot point..lol
spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

I agree also about CB for good country music. Sound Choice is pretty good but not all that its made out to be. I've been very disappointed with the overall quality od SC lately and have also been shopping other manus.
powerofgood

Post by powerofgood »

Hi.

SGB is horrible, however it is the cheapest way to get into the Business! I would advise you slowly replace your SGB tracks with other Brands. You may want to check out http://www.dollarstorejunkie.com they sell new and sealed Karaoke for only $3.99 to $4.99 each with free shipping on orders of $30 or more.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Most of the discs on the site look like no-name discs. The majorty of them are not in my collection.

Years ago all of the cheap discs companies with crappy renditions went under.